GUWAHATI, Dec 19: Violence broke out in Lucknow and other cities of Uttar Pradesh over the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and NRC with protesters setting fire to a police station while buses and other vehicles were also torched. Here are the top updates:
- A violent mob set fire to the Madehganj police chowki while also setting several police vehicles on fire.
- Ptotesters clash with police at Parivartan Chowk in the heart of Lucknow even as cops resorted to baton charge and fired tear gas to disperse violent mobs. Several vehicles have been damaged in stone pelting and arson by protesters.
- Several buses and a few private vehicles have been set on fire by protesters in Sambhal district of the State.
- Several people have been taken into custody even as protesters continued to clash with police.
- Internet services have also been suspended in western UP district.