GUWAHATI: Dihingiya Mohura Pothar of Kamargaon in Golaghat has turned into a place of religious brotherhood as people from different religions have converged for the upcoming 89th annual session of Srimanta Sankardeva Sangha. The local people — both Hindus and Muslims have been making preparations enthusiastically for the session to be held from February 5.
The venue which has been named as ‘Heritage Kaziranga Samannay Kshetra’ has been reverberated with rhythms of ‘Borgeet’, ‘Dihanam’ and ‘Jikir-Jari’. The session of Srimanta Sankardeva Sangha will conclude on February 8.
The members of the reception committee are leaving no stone unturned to make the event a grand success.
- Ten thousand dedicated volunteers will be in the service during the session.
- 215 camps for the delegates are being prepared.
- Two camps for foreign tourists, one for administration and police are also being made.
- Ten thousand people will be able to have food together in the huge dining area.
- Food will be prepared in more than three hundred fireplaces.
- ‘Ankiya Naat’ will be performed every day in the special auditoriums.